If you ask around, the list of services that you, as a small business, could be outsourcing is endless. We have narrowed it down to the top ten services you can outsource to your virtual assistant – in our experience, these will have the most beneficial impact on your business.
1 – Travel and diary management
- booking the right connections (taxi, train etc)
- ensuring you have transport and a hotel the other end
- booking phone calls into your diary with your usual clients.
- making sure your days are booked out with meetings and customer visits
2 – General administrative tasks (the possibilities are huge)
- fielding your phone calls
- minute taking in meetings
- preparing agendas’ and mail outs
- scanning, cataloguing, the list goes on!
3 – Online research and event management (These two often go hand in hand)
- researching the best prices if you need to hire a service and going through the logistics
- creating a databank for comparative purposes / potential sectors for you to contact
- looking at market competition to keep you current
- booking services for an event, be it a one off an ongoing task
4 – Marketing and web design (you may not have personal experience in this area)
- Put your ideas in the hands of the experts and save yourself time, money, and undue stress
- Go to someone who has the knowledge of website design to target your desired demographic
5 – Bookkeeping (a term for keeping your records up to date, usually laborious and time consuming)
- Keeping your records current
- Meeting filing deadlines
6 – Blog, content, and copy
- Today’s climate continually demonstrates that we need that personal touch. In a world where everything has gone virtual, adding that human element to your website, your mailshots and even your emails is essential for retention and growth.
7 – CRM / database management (Having clean data is integral to your business)
- Maintaining accurate, real time data
- Hand over the raw data that comes to you via email / post and ask your VA to input it directly into your system
8 – Accountancy / finance and invoice management (whilst you concentrate on other tasks)
- Management of receipts and expenses
- Raising invoices for your clients
- Cataloguing your sundries
9 – Email management
- It’s so important that emails do not go unanswered
- Delegate these tasks to free up your time
- You can ask for specific emails to be flagged for your attention
10 – Social media marketing:
- Ghosting your twitter updates
- Creating your Facebook posts
- Adding Instagram pics
These options are just a scratch on the surface, the whole point of outsourcing and delegating your chosen tasks is that you call the shots to make sure that this benefits you the most.